Purpose: Region 16 awards scholarships to college bound high school seniors that strive for excellence, demonstrate academic & athletic achievement, while developing a commitment to teamwork and service to the community.
- The students eligible for the scholarship must be a graduating high school senior who resides in Region 16 – (AR, MO Valley or OK)
- Continuing their education at a two or four year college/university or enlisting into a branch of the military. Must include acceptance letter to college or letter of enlistment and to which branch of the military.
- Consideration will be given to academic achievement with a minimum GPA of 2.5. Must show proof with most recent grade card.
- Must be a current member of AAU.
- Write a short essay about “How sports have changed your life?”
- One letter of recommendation from a high school teacher, counselor, coach or a church member.
Guidelines: Scholarship recipients will be announced at the National Qualifier meet in Joplin on Saturday, June 29, 2019.
Amount: There will be six scholarships given out in the amount of $100. A scholarship will be given to a male and female athlete from each district in Region 16.
Deadline: The application deadline is June 8, 2019.
Email applications to: